19 January 2009

Mix 2008

Since Frances and Stephanie both posted the tracklists for their 2008 Mixes, I thought I would do the same.

1. Portishead - Silence
2. The Dodos - Red and Purple
3. Sun Kil Moon - Unlit Hallway
4. The Hold Steady - Slapped Actress
5. MGMT - Kids
6. Kanye West - Love Lockdown
7. Frightened Rabbit - Good Arms vs. Bad Arms
8. The Mountain Goats - Sax Rohmer #1
9. The Walkmen - Four Provinces
10. Fleet Foxes - Your Protector
11. Sigur Ros - Gobbledigook
12. Deerhoof - The Tears and Music of Love
13. Bon Iver - Skinny Love
14. Tilly & the Wall - Blood Flower
15. My Morning Jacket - Touch Me I'm Going to Scream, pt. 2

A lot of it is heavily percussive and driving, so it's not exactly a chill by the fire type of CD, but then again, 2008 wasn't exactly a chill by the fire type of year for me. Lots of syncopation. Lots of hand claps. Lots of acoustic guitars. Overall, I think it's a good mix. I would be happy to make you a copy if you want one; just let me know your address.

2 comments:

Ms. Frances said...

I would love a copy! I'm:
115 Berlin Street Apt C-9
Athens, GA 30601
in case you don't have it on file.

Joshua Cross said...

You got it, Frannypants.